Meet Our Wild Alaska Salmon A favorite dish of fishermen, chefs, and fish lovers, our Alaska Coho Salmon and Alaska Sockeye Salmon are gourmet salmon Read More...
The Maine Event: Easy, Elegant Butterflied Lobster Tails
Lobster tails. Ayuh! Arguably the most delicious part of the lobster, which is why so many restaurants serve the tails a la carte, no body or claws included. No seafood is more tasty, luxurious and surprisingly economical. Preparing lobster tails is so much easier than cooking a whole lobster (especially for the squeamish). This is one of our favorite recipes for tender, sweet, buttery results every time. It’s soooo simple you’ll be serving it up at every holiday and dinner party. Or even on a weeknight!
Serve your lobster tails the traditional Maine way with a side of butter and corn on the cob, add an Italian flair to your menu with a silky risotto, or why not go all out and pair with a steak for surf & turf.
Butterflied Lobster Tails
- 4 Sea to Table Maine Lobster Tails (4-5 oz each)
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 clove Garlic, minced (about ½ tsp)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped Parsley
- ½ Lemon, zest and juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Defrost the tails in the fridge for 18-24 hours. Make sure they are completely thawed when you start cooking.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Then add garlic and let cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove butter from heat and stir in lemon zest, lemon juice and parsley. Set aside while preparing lobster.
- Place a lobster tail in one hand, shell side up. Cut the shell almost to the very end of the tail, then, gently squeeze the lobster with the hand you are holding it in, the shell should open op a little. Be careful not to squeeze too hard, you do not want the shell to crack completely.
Gently use your fingers to loosen lobster meat from shell, should there be anything stuck. Then lift the lobster tail out of its shell and place it on top.
- Brush the tails generously with the butter.
- Broil on high for 6-8 minutes
- Serve with remaining butter and crusty baguette
Recipes | Recipes & Tips