Cooking fish shouldn’t be scary or complicated. When I cook for my family, I keep it simple. Start by defrosting your fish in the fridge Read More...
Fried Fish Tacos
What’s more crowd-pleasing than fish tacos? How about fried fish tacos featuring our sustainable Wild Pacific Cod—green-listed by Monterrey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch, and certified sustainable by the Marine Stewardship Council!
Sea to Table Fried Fish Tacos
- 12 oz Pacific Cod fillets (or other white firm fish such as Pacific Halibut)
- Salt and Pepper
- ¾ cup Flour
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika or Chipotle Powder
- 1 cup (8oz) Beer
- Oil for frying (1-2 inches deep)
- All you favorite taco toppings such as but not limited to: avocado, lime crema, pickled red onions, jalapenos, crisp cabbage, cilantro…
Method (see video below!)
- Let the fish thaw in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours. Then pat the fish dry, cut into sticks and season with salt and pepper
- Heat the oil to 350-375°F
- Mix flour, smoked paprika, some salt and pepper and the beer together in a bowl. The batter should be thick.
- Dip the fish pieces into the batter, let the batter drip off, then transfer directly to the hot oil and let them fry until golden, approximately 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels for the oil to drip off. Sprinkle with sea salt and serve immediately.
Recipes | Recipes & Tips