Scallops get a bad rap. Few seafood items inspire so much fear in the heart of the home cooks, perhaps due to the misguided notion Read More...
Tasty Tips & Tricks – Northwest Pacific Cod
Meet Our Northwest Pacific Cod
What to Do
1. Defrost a day ahead. Cod fillets are thick, so be sure to move them to the fridge 1-2 days before you plan to cook.
2. Pat dry. Gently pat your fillets with a clean paper towel to remove excess moisture before applying the heat.
3. Season well. Plenty of salt and better will do the trick, but this flaky white fish is also excellent beer battered.
What Not to Do
1. Never defrost in the microwave. No matter how desperate you are. Microwaving the cod could cost you its tender and flaky texture.
2. Avoid squeezing. Due to the nice thickness of the fillets, they can hold onto moisture after defrosting. Again, gently pat them dry.
Home Cook Melissa’s miso-glazed Pacific Cod looks good enough to eat!
For more inspiration, check out our boards on Pinterest!
Recipes & Tips