Meet Our Wild Alaska Salmon A favorite dish of fishermen, chefs, and fish lovers, our Alaska Coho Salmon and Alaska Sockeye Salmon are gourmet salmon Read More...
Tasty Tips & Tricks – Atlantic Sea Scallops
Meet Our Atlantic Sea Scallops
- Scallops with Pan Sauce, via Epicurious
- Grilled Lemony Scallops with Salsa Verde, via Bon Appetit
- Scallops Provencal, via Food Network
- Scallops with Herbed Brown Butter, via Epicurious
- Lemon Garlic Scallops, via AllRecipes
What to Do
1. Defrost slow and steady. Move Scallops to the fridge 24 hours before you plan to cook them.
2. Season well. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and any other spices included in your recipe.
3. Dry thoroughly. To achieve a perfect sear, make sure to pat your scallops dry beforehand. Pro tip – season both sides with plenty of salt to draw out excess moisture.
4. Start with a hot pan. Coat a skillet in oil or clarified butter and crank up the heat to high. Add the scallops once the oil starts lightly smoking.
5. Get cooking already!
What Not to Do
1. Never defrost in the microwave. No matter how desperate you are. Microwaving the Scallops could cost you their tender texture.
2. Avoid fiddling too much. When searing in a pan, let scallops sit (without peeking!) until a golden crust has formed, about 3 mins.
Photo credit: Dana Sandonato, Killing Thyme.
For more seafood recipes & inspiration, check out our boards on Pinterest!
Recipes & Tips