Meal planning should be the most fun, not stressful, part of your week. And at Sea to Table®, we want you to feel good about the Read More...
On the Menu: Fish with Caper & Butter Sauce
While this video features Atlantic Winter Skate, we find the recipe works just as nicely with West Coast Dover Sole. Watch the magic happen!
Fish with Caper Butter Sauce
1 pack Atlantic Winter Skate or West Coast Dover Sole, thawed in fridge overnight
1 cup all-purpose flour
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
¼ cup shallots, diced
3 cloves garlic, sliced
½ stick of butter, separated
⅓ cup capers, drained
Lemon slices and chopped parsley for garnish
Prepare the sauce
- Melt butter in a hot skillet and sauté shallots and garlic until slightly tender.
- Add the capers and keep warm until you’re ready to serve.
Prepare the fish
- Season both sides of the fish fillets with salt and pepper.
- Fill a large mixing bowl with flour and coat both sides of the fish, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add fish.
- Sauté on one side until golden brown, then flip to do the same for the other side.
- Transfer fish to a warm plate.
- Garnish with lemon slices, pour over sauce, and sprinkle with parsley. Season with fresh pepper. Enjoy while hot.
Do you have a favorite Skate or Dover Sole recipe?
Share your photos and recipe ideas on social media and tag us @Sea2Table!
Hungry for more seafood recipes & cooking inspiration? Learn how to simply prep your fish for the perfect plate.
Recipes & Tips